John is one of the UKs most in demand digital marketers. He has delivered on search, paid media and conversion optimization campaigns for some of the UK’s most recognised brands as well as helping thousands of smaller businesses and start-ups succeed online through his writing, training and consultancy.
Formalities out the way, please allow me to introduce myself properly…Hi, I’m John McElborough, you can call me John, John Mc or just ‘that digital marketing guy’.
For over a decade I’ve been helping businesses of all shapes and sizes answer one question:
How do we use digital marketing to grow our business, reach new customers and generate more revenue
The tools and tactics I’ve used in that time have been varied; SEO, paid search, social, Facebook ads, email, the list goes on. But one thing that’s constant across virtually every project I’ve worked on is that end goal of growth; more customers, more leads, more profit.
That mentality has seen me work on a huge range of exciting projects whether it’s delivering a million Christmas presents to children in Africa, taking a daily deal startup from 0 to 100,000+ users, generating millions in revenue by ranking a flight deals website at the top of google for hundreds of profitable keywords or using Facebook ads to help people to quit smoking.
I help businesses achieve rapid growth using online advertising that customers love & marketing that doesn’t feel like marketing
You’re probably on this page because you want to know;
Who is this guy?
Can I trust him?
Can he help me ?
Or you’re my mum and you’re checking up on me. <Hi mum
So let’s start at the top
- I’m a digital marketer specialising in high growth businesses.
- My particular area of expertise is in SEO & lead generation using Facebook ads.
- I co-own an online ad agency called inbound360. We help clients like Gala Bingo, Optical Express & Home Instead generate leads and sales from online advertising
- I’ve built a 6-figure business consulting for some of the UK’s biggest companies and charities
- And some of the worlds largest ad companies
- I started advertising on Google in 2006 and Facebook in 2009
- And was doing “marketing automation” long before it was a buzzword
- I’ve been in the game for over 10 years, working in agencies, in-house, consulting and affiliate marketing.
- I’ve trained hundreds of individuals and organisations, so they can run their own successful digital projects
- I run my own websites in diverse niches ranging from online fashion stores to niche travel guides
- I’ve managed a LOT of campaigns, spent millions on ads, generated 100’s millions in revenue, had a lot of successes…
- I’ve also had my fair share of failures, plenty of little ones and a few great stinking big ones
But if you only take away one thing about me from this page I hope it’s this…
I’m definitely not just some sort of high level marketing strategy guy who doesn’t understand the day to day tactics involved in running successful campaigns. Far from it.
My background is in tech. I love the tactical side of digital marketing. I get stuck in.
So if you stick around on the blog or subscribe to my mailing list you can probably expect a good mix of hands on, in the trenches tactics as well as some more strategic stuff.
I hope my articles will help you if;
- You want to achieve fast paced but sustainable business growth
- You want to learn digital marketing from experience, rather than theory
- You want actionable tips to help you run better marketing campaigns
- You strive for great results and don’t settle for mediocrity
- You’re OK to risk a few ad dollars (maybe more) testing ideas that might or might not work for you
My stuff probably isn’t for you if you’re looking for the quick and easy way. If a decade in digital marketing has taught me one thing it’s that get rich quick schemes, cut and paste solutions and guaranteed to work “blueprints” don’t exist.
If you want to succeed with digital marketing there’s only 2 options:
Sorry if you were looking for a one size fits all solution but I just don’t think it’s out there.
If you’re interested in working with me find out about my consulting services or get in touch by email to support [@] johnmcelborough.com.